Fonts stop to work - How search for conflict? - SOLVED

General discussion of the use of FontExpert font manager

Fonts stop to work - How search for conflict? - SOLVED

Postby Bluesman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:44 am

Hi... was very excited yesterday when installed "FE". Worked perfect. But today when started pc and shall work with webproject, some of the fonts doesn't work. Was ok yesterday?? I open "FE" and can see that this fonts are marked green (installed and active) but they are not displaying (previewing). In this group I have about 50 fonts and all is working except for this 4 fonts. I try to activate them with another fonthandler and that works good. So I don't think there is a problem with the fonts.

I noticed that the Truetype fonts TTF that are placed together with other webfonts in my Webfonts library shows as Opentype fonts OTF in "FE" why? And when browsing the fonts in the library I can see that there are dublicates of some OTF fonts, some are with a greenish otf marque and some with a redish otf symbol??

Gracias
Last edited by Bluesman on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bluesman

Re: Fonts stop to work

Postby Bluesman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:48 am

Here's a screenshot... wondering if there can be a conflict??
Bluesman

Re: Fonts stop to work - How search for conflict?

Postby Bluesman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi again... Well seams like I solved the problem. Was some corrupted font files to erase and I cleaned up in the webfonts folders. Had both otf and ttf files in some of them. Removed the otf so I didn't choose the wrong ones. Since both otf and ttf had the same symbol ??
But everything works now.
Bluesman

Re: Fonts stop to work - How search for conflict? - SOLVED

Postby admin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:56 am

Please send me the problem fonts (support (at) proximasoftware (dot) com), I'll try to test them and find out why the preview is empty image.
FontExpert uses some defined symbols in a font to generate preview. So if it can not find symbols, the thumbnail appears like a white
space. But it seems the font is working. If FontExpert can not load font, it writes an error message text on white space.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Fonts stop to work - How search for conflict? - SOLVED

Postby Bluesman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:55 am

Hi again. Thanks for answer and suggestion. I think I solved the problem by make a more clean link structure in the "Groups" When having the problem I did some linking between the "Groups" because some different groups had almost the same fonts. Was easier... I saw this in a Youtube video tutorial for "FE"... but after starting over and just link to the different groups from the Library it works great again and I have a more clean link structure...
Thanks for a great software.
Bluesman

Return to Using FontExpert