Photo Manager 2008 version 1 does not include explicit menu commands "Backup.../Restore...",
but you can transfer images and image database from Computer A to Computer B manually.
(To backup/restore image on Computer A use the same procedure,
but copy images and database file from Computer A to backup CD/DVD,
and then restore from backup CD/DVD to local disk on Computer A.)
I. Copy images from Computer A to Computer B to the same folder paths.
II. Copy image database from Computer A to Computer B.
Photo Manager holds the database in SINGLE file: PhotoManager.db
File location in Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USER NAME>\Application Data\Proxima Software\PhotoManager\1.0\PhotoManager.db
File location in Windows Vista:
C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Proxima Software\PhotoManager\1.0\PhotoManager.db
where C: is the local disk on which Windows is installed.
The Application Data is hidden folder, to see this folder you must set an option in Windows Explorer to display hidden files. In Windows Explorer choose Tools/Folder Options.../View/Files and Folders/Show hidden files and folders.
Attaching new database on Computer B:
1. Close Photo Manager on Computer B.
2. Copy PhotoManager.db file from Computer A to corresponding folder on Computer B.
3. Run Photo Manager.
If your login name ("<USER NAME>") on Computer A and your login name on computer B are the same, and you copied images from Computer A to Computer B to the same folders and paths, no action is needed.
But if your login name on Computer B is different, or you copied your collection of images to different folder, you should "link" folders in image database to existing folders on your local disk.
4. In Photo Manager on Computer B choose Tools\Database Maintenance
5. You will see unlinked folders in the list (marked with "?" icon).
6. Select the unlinked folder: C:\Document and Settings\<USER NAME A>
and press "Link to existing folder" button.
7. Then choose existing folder:
C:\Document and Settings\<USER NAME B>
8. You should not see unlinked folders in the list (marked with "?" icon).