Printing Problem

General discussion of the use of FontExpert font manager
msleger

Printing Problem

Post by msleger »

The 3-Column Font Names report used to print the names at 22 pt. It now prints them at 24 pt and I cannot find a way to change it to 22 pt. This makes reports in 2007 different and incompatible with reports from 2006. I don't want to reprint hundreds of pages of reports to fix bad output from 2006 that has now been fixed in 2007, but as it is now if I print just the pages that were bad then I don't get the same number of fonts per page due to the sizing change. Please send me a patch to put the report setting back to 22 pt or explain how to set it from within the program.

Also, a bug in the program causes all selected fonts to be deselected when closing the Report Settings dialog.
msleger

Post by msleger »

Okay, I've figured out how to fix the printed reports, although it was not intuitive at all in the program nor was it in the documentation help. It turns out that the size selected for viewing fonts in the main window is also used for printing. (Who'd have guessed?)

The other issue still persists: Report Settings and Print Preview deselects all selected fonts. Rather annoying...

Support: This issue does not appear in the release: FontExpert 2007 version 9.0 Release 5 and later releases (fixed indirectly).
msleger

Post by msleger »

This deselection issue also causes the following error message when printing from the Print Preview window: "No TrueType, OpenType, or PostScript fonts are selected."
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This issue does not appear in the release: FontExpert 2007 version 9.0 Release 5 and later releases (fixed indirectly).