Sharing font library between pc:s

General discussion of the use of FontExpert font manager
Bluesman

Sharing font library between pc:s

Post by Bluesman »

Hi, Which is the best way of sharing your "FontExpert" settings between 2 pc:s? I have one at home and one at my office in which I work with the same projects. As it is...I've copied the same font folder which is my external library in the same place in both OS. I want to have the same organization and all the settings that I do in one "FE" software to be transferred to the other so I don't have to do any double work on this. Is there a way?

Gracias
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharing font library between pc:s

Post by admin »

The recommended way in this version is to create full backup and restore the backup on another computer. Or if the set of fonts is the same on all computers and you only need to synchronize keywords and other tags, you can Export Tags... and Import Tags... on anorher computer. (In version 14 tags are linked to uniquie font id. For a given font the font id will be the same on all computers.)
But the best way to share Library fonts and Groups should be the solution we are developing at this time.
Bluesman

Re: Sharing font library between pc:s

Post by Bluesman »

Thanks for the explanation. Will be interesting to see next upgrade with the solution for this function :)