Restore from Backup

General discussion of the use of FontExpert font manager
Bluesman

Restore from Backup

Post by Bluesman »

Hi... just did a complete backup of FontExpert in my stationary pc, for restore in my notebook so that I have the same Fontcollection in both. The backup zip file is 1.17 GB. First I tried to restore directly from the .zip file... is that possible?
I waited a long time for it to start reading, but nothing happend? Now I'm unpacking the zipfile for another try. But seams to be problem unzip with the Windows 10 standard explorer zip tool ??

Did a restart of the laptop. Started up FontExpert and activated Restore from zip backup... waited about 1 hour without anything started to work in the monitor window for this...
Something I missed??
Bluesman

Re: Restore from Backup

Post by Bluesman »

Someone else having this problem? If you have a Backup function... it's quite important that you can restore from it. It seams that when creating the backup file, Windows Firewall or Defender blocks the creating of one special file that FontExpert uses for the restore function??
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Wonder if there are any progress in this issue??
Gracias
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Please... getting real frustrated by this issue... ??? Must be able to do backup and restore. Now I have admin a lot in FontExpert, and backuped. Want to restore into my laptop!!!
This must be a very important bug to fix... Must be able to restore from backup...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

According to screenshot you sent to support, the backup ZIP file created on your computer did not have the "backup.inf" file in the root folder within ZIP.
This "backup.inf" file is always added to backup ZIP and it is mandatory.
Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this issue on Windows 10 (with the latest update, the same version of Windows 10 as on your computer).
Windows Defender Security Center settings are set by default (Cloud-based protection is off, App and Browser control is Off).
So we are investigating now possible reason why the the backup.inf was not added to ZIP.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Hi... don't know what you mean with this: "Windows Defender Security Center settings are set by default (Cloud-based protection is off, App and Browser control is Off)."
Because I have it set to "On"