Additional Plug-ins

A place for requests and discussion of new FontExpert features
dmorsberger

Additional Plug-ins

Post by dmorsberger »

Thanks for the InDesign font plug-in. It would be nice to have an Illustrator and Photoshop plug-in. Illustrator is a higher priority.

Is there a FontExpress API for integrating applications using plug-ins? I am willing to attempt developing a plug-in.

Thanks,
David Morsberger
Minuteman Press of Crofton
mmpcrofton . com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, we plan the development of the next plug-in - the plug-in for Adobe Illustrator (Windows platform).
platdesign

QuarkXPress Plug-in

Post by platdesign »

I have the full Adobe Creative Suite, but I use QuarkXPress 7 instead of InDesign (most pre-press people I've spoken to prefer PDFs from Quark over InDesign).

Will you be developing a plug-in for QuarkXPress? That would be extremely useful!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We have tried to contact Quark and found out their tools for plug-in developers (developers of XTensions), but their support to developers is owful.
It seems that Quark is a company that still lives in early 1990-1993 years... They even can't receive payments on-line with a credit card and can't provide SDK as trial or any useful information about plug-in development for Windows. They only claim that their community of XTension developers is huge assuming that we must believe that our plug-ins for Windows will work.

(If compared with Quark, Adobe's support to developers is excellent.)

So currently we do not plan to develop any plug-ins for QuarkXPress.