Wish List

A place for requests and discussion of new FontExpert features
VividLizard

Wish List

Post by VividLizard »

I really like Font Expert on many levels, but there are a few things about it that drive me crazy!...

1. PLEASE give us a way to make "Font Name" the default sort criteria, not "File Name". I am constantly having to select "by Font Name" over and over again when using the program! A simple program like Bitstream Font Navigator does this by default.

2. Create a way to view fonts by type (OpenType, TrueType, etc.), either graying out other types or not showing them at all. Again Font Navigator, although an inferior program in many ways, allows for this. Many times I need to view only my OpenType fonts for use across platforms, along with other reasons in my graphic design business.

3. Make it easier to remove a font from a group. I see no easy way to do so in FE. You should be able to simply right mouse click on the font and "remove from group", but so far it looks like the only way is to go to a different view and either delete the shortcut, or go into Windows Explorer and eliminate it there. PLUS, I discovered that if not careful, it's very easy to delete the actual font file itself when trying to remove a font from a group!

Thanks, otherwise a very good program. The day I notice that the first of my suggestions above (Font Name sorting by default) is implemented is the day I will be upgrading FE!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Wish List

Post by admin »

Thank you for suggestions!
VividLizard

Post by VividLizard »

I'm not sure, since I haven't upgraded to version 12, but it looks like none of the features I requested have been implemented in either versions 11 0r 12 (I'm still using ver. 10), is that right? If that's the case, would you think about it for a future upgrade?

Thanks.
VividLizard

Post by VividLizard »

Hello:

It still looks like none of the items on my wish list have been implemented. I find these important, and am very disappointed. I have recently given a review on CNET highlighting these problems.

I hope you consider these items in a future upgrade.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1 - saving default sort criteria - Implemented in FontExpert 2014 Release 2 ("Now selected sort criteria is preserved during FontExpert session.").
3 - Implemented in FontExpert 2014 Release 2 ("Short cuts in Groups and in Worklist are now displayed in the Main View also as short cuts")

http://www.proximasoftware.com/fontexpert/release-notes

And we plan to implement "2" (filtering by font type) in the following releases.
(At this time you can only sort fonts by font type, for example by a click to column header in the Main view report list mode.)