New search criteria

A place for requests and discussion of new FontExpert features
Bluesman

New search criteria

Post by Bluesman »

Hi... because the notice that there are a limitation for how many fonts you can apply in a group (500) It would be good if you can have the "Tags" setting as a quick search. Just make it possible to check one or more of the tags and then click search.
This way I for example don't have to use so many groups :P
admin
Site Admin

Re: New search criteria

Post by admin »

500 fonts in a group is NOT a limitation, but a recommendation.
With more than 500 fonts in a group you will wait for one or more seconds to display fonts of this group.

When you click tags (keywords, categories, ratings, caption) in Search in Library view, this is actually a search in a Library using selected tag or tags.
If you click keyword1 and keyword2 you do a search by these keywords (you also can choose the logical operation AND or OR for combining keywords).
Bluesman

Re: New search criteria

Post by Bluesman »

OK... sorry did not see that search function from beginning. Shall look into that. Though it would be more natural if you had a search button in the "Tags" pane. Just use the tags etc that you work with, more natural.
Regarding the limit for groups... ok recomendation, I can tell that if I click the Library for TTF fonts that I have 20.000 fonts in it goes rapidly fast (about 5 ssec) to read. When clicking on a group which contains about 700 fonts it takes almost 20 seconds ?