Database cleaning, and Database entry suggestions

A place for requests and discussion of new FontExpert features
astragal

Database cleaning, and Database entry suggestions

Post by astragal »

Hi! I'm new to the forum, and to fontexpert so maybe I've missed something, but...

I'd like there to be a command which would purge the database of all the fonts which return the "unable to load the fontxxx" error message.

I did the database "remove unlinked folders" command, and that got rid of many of those errors, but not all.

Also, on the "tags" and "database search" panels:

* In both panels, make the "categories" listbox longer, so I don't have to scroll around in it to find tags.

* Make it so the default tags can be removed.

* In the "tags" panel, consider changing the "rating" UI to radio buttons, so I (the user) could quickly choose one without scrolling around in a drop-down box.

Finally (for now, lol) ... I love the customizable view interface, and sometimes put the "Group" pane and the "Folders" pane next to one another. But I discovered that I could do this by messing around -- it's not clear in the manual just how customizable the UI is!

What a great proggie. - Astra
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. In version 10 we've added new command in Database Maintenance window: "Remove All Unlinked Files" which will solve the reported problem. (Besides existing "Remove All Unlinked Folders" command).

2. "make the "categories" listbox longer" - we will do it.

3. And you can delete the default (pre-defined) categories in the DB Search view (see "By Categories"/"Delete Category" button).
You also can delete keywords (see "By Keywords"/"Delete Keyword" button).